Kitchen Management Videos for Professional Chefs
If you are involved in managing a kitchen crew, developing recipes, implementing recipes, or executing on-site or off-site events (caterings), then you need to learn how to use Excel. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lead line cook or a regional executive chef, Excel is your “mental mise en place” tool for organizing any project in the kitchen. Knowing how to use it will make your life easier and your kitchen/s more organized.
Although Excel is primarily known for its calculating abilities, it is also extremely powerful and versatile when it comes to planning complex projects. This is where Excel can be extremely helpful to the chef. Once you get through “the learning curve” of how to use the software you will become an organizational master. Use Excel to create your own: recipe templates, prep lists, order sheets, inventory sheets, to plan caterings/banquets, implementing a new menu or concept, for staff evaluations…anything.
Many of these videos have entire pages of tutorial content created here on Chefs Resources, so they will open to that page on our site rather taking you to YouTube which only hosts the video w/o the extra content.
How to Use Excel – Video Tutorials for Chefs
Click the Image to See the Video
Excel for Project Planning
This tutorial shows how to use Excel to plan anything, from a new recipe to opening a new restaurant.
How to Make Recipes Scalable
Shows how to easily scale an Excel recipe so all units of measure can be a 1 times batch or 100.
Excel for Recipe Costing & Inventory
Detailed tutorial of how to link recipes to inventory in Excel.
How to Unprotect a Sheet
Brief tutorial showing how to unprotect my Excel templates so you can do additional editing.
Kitchen Schedule Template
Get this form to create your kitchen schedule.
How to Change Currency
This tutorial shows how to change the currency from U.S. dollars to any other currency.
Use Excel to Create Forms
This tutorial show how to create your own kitchen forms.
* A compatible version of Microsoft Excel is required on your system in order to use any of the downloads. We do not provide or sell Microsoft Excel.
Related Pages Index
- How To Fillet Fish Videos
- Kitchen Management Videos
- How To Cut Beef Videos
- Culinary Tool Reviews
- Knife Review Rating System
- Kotai Kiritsuke 8′ Knife Review
- Shan Zu Chef Knife Review
- The Chef Club Knife Review
- Asai PM Damascus Gyuto 240mm Knife Review
- Bob Kramer Essential 10″ Chef Knife Review
- Dalstrong Shogun Chef Knife Review
- Imarku 8 inch Chefs Knife Review
- KADAA Ceramic Chef Knife Review
- LauKingdom Chefs Knife Review
- Miyabi Kaizen 9 1/2″ Chef’s Knife
- Shun Ken Onion Chef Knife Review
- Tojiro DP Gyuto Knife Review
- Tokageh Gyutou Chef Knife Classic Series
- Tokageh Santoku 7″ Knife – Classic Series
- Japanese Gyuto Chef Knife C6
- Japanese Gyuto Damacus Chef Knife D2
- Vie Belles 7″ Santoku Reserve Series
- Oysterguru iPhone App Review
- How to Break Down Beef into Steaks