- Fish Culinary Information
- Fresh Fish Availability Chart
- Fresh Seafood Availability Infographic
- How To Fillet Fish Videos
- How to Fillet a Salmon Video
- The Best Way to Store Fresh Fish
- Seafood Yields-Salmon
- Fish Fillet Butchering Yields
- Guidelines for Purchasing Quality Seafood
- Sustainable Seafood Programs
How to Fillet a Salmon Video
Filleting fish really isn't very hard once you know the technique and the bone structure of the particular fish. This video shows how to fillet a whole salmon which has already been gutted as you would receive it from your seafood purveyor. If you are able to fillet whole salmon for your restaurant and have a utilization for the bones (salmon stock for smoked salmon chowder, etc) then you will save money on food cost rather than purchasing salmon fillets. Of course, if you use tons of salmon then the food cost savings may be off-set by the amount of labor it takes to break the salmon down. However, a skilled fishmonger can break-down a whole dressed salmon to skin-off fillets in about 60 seconds. The hardest part is to skillfully remove the rib bones without "butchering" the fish.
How to remove the rib bones from a salmon fillet
How to Skin a Salmon Fillet
David Buchanan on Google +
If you have additional questions or information about How to Fillet a Salmon Video add a comment!